Listings are a little light this week, but sure, that’ll give you time to recover!
- Blue Suns play their last Belgian gig tonight at Café Blokhut from 10pm. Free
- The weekly residency that is Club Stuk starts at 11pm tonight and offers free admission.
- Radio Scorpio has Lazy Sunday at OPEK which runs from 2-6 and is free every Sunday.
- Later in the evening, you can proceed to Jazz on Sunday, another weekly event at 9pm at Stuk
- Les Generals Jacks play a blend of roots and blues at 9pm at the Blue Cat. Incidentally if there are any blues or jazz musicians out there, The Blue Cat still has a few dates open so you should contact Gert.
- For all you Lindy Hoppers out there, the Lemmens Institute is hosting A Big Band evening starting at 8pm, which will feature the music of Count Basie.
- Birthday Friday is at Rodins tonight. For those of you unfamiliar, if you have a birthday anytime in January, show up at Rodins between 11pm and 1am for a free drink/
The Get Out of Town Gig of the Week
Modfest is on at Muziekodroom in Hasselt from 10pm-5am. There are 12 different DJs spinning and cover is €15 (a measly €1.25 a set!)
There are a variety of English speaking films this week at Cinema Zed.
Sabrina – The classic Billy Wilder film starring Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn.
The Li of Pi continues.
The Substance – A 2011 Documentary about LSD
Time Travel Shorts – 6 short films about time travel
Primer – This one sounds really interesting and could be inspiring to all the aspiring film makers out there. It’s a 2004 film from the US which won the Sundance Grand Jury Prize and was created on a budget of $7000US (a little over €5000).