- Alpacas, an afrofunk band will play at JH Sojo in Kessel Lo from 9pm. They will be supported by DJs spinning tropical tunes.
- For all you thrash fans, there are five bands playing tonight at Rock Café starting at 7pm. Cover is only a fiver to see five live bands!
- Radio Scorpio has Lazy Sunday at OPEK which runs from 2-6 and is free every Sunday.
- Later in the evening, you can proceed to Jazz on Sunday, another weekly event at 9pm at Stuk
- There’s a Soca themed event at de Kemel in the Old Market starting at 2pm in the afternoon and going on into the following morning. There are drink specials and free admission.
- Jazz band Trioxide plays the Blue Cat at 9pm.
- Hidden Sasana 2 offers 12 hours of DJs starting at 9pm. The location has not been published, so check their FB page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/events/127535334067140/?fref=ts
The Get Out of Town Gig of the Week
- Out Of Control After Dark in Lijnbaansgracht 161, Amsterdam, NL offers a great night of dancing from 23:00 – 04:00 for fans of gothic, industrial and alternative 80’s music. Admission free.
- If you can’t make it this time, the event runs the last Saturday of each month
On Monday and Tuesday there is a modern dance performance at STUK. Check their website for further details. http://www.stuk.be/en/dance/detail/60309
- There’s a good selection of English language films at Cinema zed this weekend.
- The Life of Pi, Substance and Time Travel Shorts continue
- There are two Bogart films: Treasure of Sierra Madre from 1948 and the Howard Hawks directed Big Sleep from 1946, starring Bogart and Bacall
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, released last year, starring Emma Watson of Harry Potter fame.
- The one I’m dying to see starts on February 1st. It’s called Safety Not Guaranteed and is about three reporters who want to write a story about a guy who placed a classified ad seeking a time travel companion. It’s from the producers of Little Miss Sunshine and features Jake Johnson who plays Nick on New Girl.