Music wise, it’s either feast or famine this week, with the majority of gigs happening on Sunday and Friday.
- Radio Scorpio has Lazy Sunday at OPEK which runs from 2-6 and is free every Sunday.
- Later in the evening, you can proceed to Jazz on Sunday, another weekly event at 9pm at Stuk. This week Scorpio’s Davy Smet will be spinning.
- There’s also Jazz & Jams at Café Blokhut at 9pm.
- Thrash show at Rock Café featuring three bands. Start time TBC.
- Waking up Dolores plays swing, blues and roots at the Blue Cat at 9pm.
- There will be a symphony orchestra playing compositions by Mahler and Chopin at 8pm at The Lemmens Institute.
- There’s a burlesque show with some seriously lovely ladies followed by a Radio Moderne dance party at Het Depot starting at 8pm. Tickets are €12 -€16
The Get Out of Town Gig of the Week
- Core on the Floor: A French Hardcore night at The Zoo in Hasselt
- 10pm – 8am
- €6 Before Midnight €8 After Midnight
- Drink specials throughout the evening
- The Substance, The Big Sleep, Safety Not Guaranteed and The Perks of Being a Wallflower continue
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – this film needs no introduction really, unless you have been living under a rock or in Timbuktu. It’s Peter Jackson’s film adaptation of JRR Tolkien’s epic novel by the same name about the amazing adventures of Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey. If you liked Lord of the Rings, this one is a no brainer.
- The Impossible –is the account of a family’s survival during one of the worst natural disasters of our times, when Thailand was struck by a huge tsunami in 2004.
- Flight – Denzel Washington has received praise for his role as a pilot who comes under intense scrutiny after pulling off a miracle landing when the plane he’s flying falls apart in the air.
Plus a few others, see website for deets: