The students are returning and this is reflected in the amount of listings on offer.
- Karma to Burn a stoner rock trio from the US will be at Sojo’s in Kessel Lo from 7pm. Cost unknown
- Chinese New Year celebration at Rodin
- International Saturday at The Rector – all international students with ID can get 1 euro beer
- Radio Scorpio has Lazy Sunday at OPEK which runs from 2-6 and is free every Sunday.
- Later in the evening, there`s Jazz on Sunday, a weekly event at 9pm at Stuk.
- Radio Scorpio has CULT at OPEK which runs from 8-10 and is free every Monday.
- For those of you who view life as one big meat market, there`s a student Valentine night at Karement; coloured wrist bands will be provided to advertise your relationship status
- There will be 4 thrash bands at Rock Café starting at 7pm. €5 in
- Het Depot has James Walsh who was the singer for Starsailor at 8pm. €8-12
- The Artefact festival starts today and runs until the 24th. See their site for further details
- There will be a Valentine’s themed classical music concert at 8pm at The Lemmens Institute.
- There will be 8 different DJs at The Social Club starting from 10pm
- There’s a dancehall themed DJ night at Apero starting at 10pm
The Get Out of Town Gig of the Week
- VampireParty presents Night of the Superheroes in Antwerp 10pm €6
- dress like a superhero and win prizes!
- features electro, techno, futurepop and industrial
- Den Aalmoezenier at Aalmoezenierstraat 46, Antwerp
Aalst is about 60km West of Leuven. Their annual carnival runs from 10-13 February.
Binche is about 90km SW of Leuven. Their annual carnival runs from 10-12 February.
- Gigi: a 1958 Audrey Hepburn film
- Broken: a British film from 2012 about familial and personal dynamics, starring Tim Roth and my other husband Cillian Murphy
- Wasted Youth: a 2011 film in Greek with English subtitles. A low budget, highly improvised film shot over 10 days which is about skateboarding and spliff smoking.
http://www.cinemazed.be/schema/index.asp (English link not working)