Leuven Entertainment Listings 30 March – 5 April
- There’s a free techno night at Apero from 10pm – 5am.
- Radio Scorpio has Lazy Sunday at OPEK from 2-6 and it’s free every Sunday.
- There’s a quiz at The beginning from 630pm.
- STUK has Jazz on Sunday, a free weekly event starting at 9pm.
- Radio Scorpio has CULT at OPEK which runs from 8-10 and is free every Monday.
- The Goossens band play a free funk/blues show at The Blue Cat at 9pm.
- Ruby Dee and the Snake Handlers, a US Roots band play Café Revue at 8pm.
- It’s open mic night at Het Depot. 8pm. Free
The Get Out of Town Gig of the Week
- Joseph Capriati (he’s on the Drumcode label) and 7 other DJs play Fuse in Brussels
- If you’re a Adam Beyer fan (and who isn’t) you’ll enjoy the show
- 9 Euro before 00h / 13 Euro after 00h
- Ithaka is a visual arts exhibit featuring the work of young artists
- Ithaka runs from 26th-31st
- Check website for details
Rockin’ Around Turnhout Festival
- Rockin’ Around Turnhout is one of the largest Rockabilly festivals in Belgium
- It runs from 29th-31st
- About 70km from Leuven
Acosse Rock & Blues Festival
- The festival runs from 30th-31st
- About 50km from Leuven
- http://www.le-petit-tonneau.be/events-festival.php (French only)
- Seven Psychopaths starts on Wednesday. The comedy stars Colin Farrell as a struggling screen writer who becomes involved with the criminal world in LA.
- The Sessions also starts Wednesday. It’s an indie film based on the true story of a poet paralyzed from the neck down who hires a sex surrogate to lose his virginity.
- The Master, a US film from 2012 about an alcoholic veteran and his friendship with a self-proclaimed prophet continues
- The Lodger, a mystery from 1927 about a serial killer who targets blonde women continues.
- The Sightseers is a new film from the UK about a couple taking a road trip in their caravan continues.