- 4 rock bands play Rock Café starting at 630. €5
- Electric Eclectic hosts a free alternative night at Café Belge starting at 10pm.
- Radio Scorpio has Lazy Sunday at OPEK from 2-6 and it’s free every Sunday.
- 4 punk bands play Rock Café starting at 630. €3
- STUK has Jazz on Sunday, a free weekly event starting at 9pm.
- Café Blokhut has Folk & Jam at 9pm.
- Radio Scorpio has CULT at OPEK which runs from 8-10 and is free every Monday.
- Atomic Road Kings play a free Rockabilly tinged blues show at The Blue Cat at 9pm.
- Marble Sounds and Imaginary Family play a double bill at STUK at 830pm. €10-€14.
- The Afro Cuban All-Stars play Het Depot from 8pm. €26- €32
- The Residents play Het Depot from 8pm. €24- €27
- Brikk hosts 5 tech-house DJs at Social Club from 10pm
- The Brand New Heavies play Het Depot from 8pm. €17- €23
- Social Club hosts a pre-summer party with 2 DJs from 10pm. €4- €6
- .Go to Aarschot and rock out with the locals!
The Get Out of Town Gig of the Week
- Kabul Golf Club + Your Highness + Drawers play a trio of heavy sounds
- 7pm: €7- €9
- De Klinker: Demervallei 14, Aarschot (22km from Leuven)
Leuven Salsa Festival
The Salsa Festival is this weekend!
For further info:
- Il Castello begins Wednesday. It’s a 2011 documentary about a bureaucratic airport.
- 2012 film Foxfire: Confessions of a Girl Gang begins Thursday. It’s inspired by the Joyce Carol Oates book about four high-school girls that form a feminist gang in the 1950s. (Trivia: there was a 1996 version of this film starring a young Angeline Jolie)
- Hyde Park on Hudson continues. It’s a British film starring Bill Murray who plays Franklin D Roosevelt.
- The Passion of Joan of Arc continues. It’s a silent French film from 1928 about Joan of Arc’s trial.